Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Little Stitch Fix Project

So, I've been looking at the little style cards that come with each of my Stitch Fixes and trying to think of a creative way to keep them. (If you are not sure what Stitch Fix is... you need to know, so check out my post here and here.) Anyway, the little style cards are so cute and helpful in teaching you how to pair your piece of clothing with other pieces and accessories. I love how they show you a way to wear something casually as well as dressed up for a special occasion and of course, what to put with it. 

(If you aren't sure what I am talking about, here's a picture of a style card from Stitch Fix.)


Isn't that just so cute! Now I know 2 ways to wear that dress. So, anyway, back to the project.

The nice thing about the style cards is that they come with the cutout at the top in a plastic sleeve. This way, they can all be kept together. I made a little flip book out of chipboard covered with patterned paper and then tied with a ribbon. This way, I can untie it and add new style cards as they come with my fixes. 


For the cover, after adhering the chevron patterned paper to chipboard, I cut the quote out of another patterned paper and adhered it. I added the sticker letters "Style" and the thumbs up transparency, star die cut, and sequin with a floss knot. I attached all of my style cards and tied it shut with ribbon. I called it done and am happy with it.


 I love how I can add more cards as they come by untying the ribbon. It is small enough to just keep in my makeup drawer and pull it out when choosing an outfit. And, it's a great way to keep those cards from getting unruly in my tight drawer space.

If you are interested in getting your own Stitch Fix, follow my referral link. (I am not affiliated with Stitch Fix, I just love getting my own Fixes.)

No comments: