Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy National Scrapbook Day

That's right!! It's a holiday!! Did you take the day off? Did you set aside some creative time? I did because it is National Scrapbook Day (NSD)- the biggest holiday of the year you know!! Heehee!! But, seriously, I love this holiday. It is a day that I get to set aside time with my BFF scrappin buddy, Samantha. We spend our whole day creating, watching blogs and sites for challenges, eating and of course partaking in a fun adult beverage. It's just plain fun!

To get my creative juices flowing and yours too, here is a couple pages I made recently.


That's my darling dear Mackenzie on her birthday in February. LOVE her!! I used the Front Porch Blend add on kit from Studio Calico to make this page. I love the circle overlay and played off of the circles with my patterned paper choice and the embellishments I chose. I am looking desperately through the Silhouette store to find the shape of that overlay for my cameo. I need more!

Next little bit of inspiration: Carter's leg surgery.
I love that I was able to get the before and after pictures. Carter did not want me to take the before picture but I snuck and did anyway. Look at that crooked leg! I had to have a picture of it! Well, here comes the funny part... the doctor caught me taking a picture of his leg with the soft cast finally off while we were waiting for the hard cast to be put on. The doctor says, "Wait, you are doing it all wrong!" He takes my camera and gets on his knees and takes the lovely 'after' photo! I love it!! I would have done that too, but Carter was throwing a fit about the picture taking and so I was just trying to get one! Thank you Dr. Ballock for getting the picture that I wanted. And of course, Carter was happy to oblige the doctor!


I used paint with my stamps to create the background and layered some washi tape with it. I used the Popcorn add on kit for this page.

Okay, one more inspiration for NSD: My Little Monkeys.
This next page is from our trip to Kalahari over Spring Break. I love that I got a picture of all three kiddos together.... that's no easy task. I love this one, mainly because of the picture. 


I used lots of paper layering, paint and mists for this one. I also used the Daily Grind add on kit from Studio Calico. 

Now, I'm off to create some more on this wonderful holiday. Happy National Scrapbook Day and may you create many wonderful memories for your families.

1 comment:

Jean Z. said...

Wish I could have joined you! Have a great time and have an "adult drink" and think of me while we all swig gatorade and gingerale!